Snickerdoodle Cookies with Walnuts



These are pretty much Snickerdoodle cookies with walnuts.  Easy to make, and yummy. 

Dragon Herbs was kind enough to send me a sample of their birch xylitol.  I am trying different kinds of birch xylitol, because I am trying to stay away from corn.  Birch xylitol is more expensive, but I believe it's worth it.  It causes less stomach aggravation, and I appreciate that it is grain-free.  I like to stay away from corn as much as possible.  I still use erythritol, but I may be using more xylitol in it's place now that I've found birch xylitol.

Cinnamon Walnut Cookies
2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup erythritol
1/8 teaspoon powdered stevia (or 1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals brand)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, gfree
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1 Tablespoon xylitol, I used Dragon Herbs Birch Xylitol
parchment paper

Preheat oven to 350˚ and line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Blend in a large bowl the soft butter, stevia, and erythritol.  Add eggs one at a time and mix.  Add flour, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla and mix until blended.  Add walnuts and mix gently. 

Stir together cinnamon and xylitol on a small bowl.  Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls.  Dip or roll into cinnamon mixture, then place on lined cookie sheet.  Then smush with your fingers to flatten slightly into a cookie shape.  Place about 1 inch apart from other cookies.  Bake 8 - 12 min until top is golden brown.  Allow to cool on baking sheets.  These keep about 3-4 days. 


Comments

Popular Posts