Strawberry Walnut Scones

I improved this recipe, and I hope you enjoy it.  You could certainly substitute any fresh (as in not frozen) berry or even dried berries for the strawberries.. but they are in season. And, of course, any nut for the walnuts.  These are good immediately or if they are for later, they need to be toasted.  Be careful not to use too many strawberries, as it can make them soggy.






Strawberry Walnut Scones


2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour (Honeyville's recommended)
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/3 cup butter, soft
1/4 cup erythritol
1/8 teaspoon powdered stevia (or 1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals brand)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract, gfree
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup diced strawberries (~ 3 large)
parchment paper


Preheat oven to 350˚ and line baking sheets with parchment paper.


Blend in a large bowl the soft butter, stevia, and erythritol.  Add eggs one at a time and mix.  Add flour, baking soda, sea salt, and vanilla and mix until blended.  Add walnuts and strawberries and mix gently.


Place heaping tablespoons of mixture on parchment paper  and bake 12- 17 min until top is golden brown.  Allow to cool on baking sheets.



Serve alone or with butter or cream cheese- or both! Re-toast leftovers when ready. These keep about 3-4 days.  About 8 Scones; sorry- will have to repost the nutritional info later, having problems with the program.

Comments

  1. Is there any baking powder in this recipe? I don't see any?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel, these look soooo good! I've been looking a for a new breakfast treat to try and have been feeling uninspired until seeing your scones here. You have great ideas, and I can't wait to get out my baking supples this weekend and give 'em a try! Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. about how many does this make?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great do you know the carb count

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks so good! I'm new to Low Carb, and still need to see nutritional info. It looks like (from the comments) you did it, but I sure don't see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, as stated in the comment section (looks like it is now below), I don't do nutritional info anymore. I barely have time to keep up the recipes! It's just a hobby. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts