"Breaded" Bay Scallops

This is a recipe from a friend that I updated to gluten-free.. this is an appetizer portion for two, but you can easily increase the portion. You may use herbed butter, or just regular butter.  I've done both.  You can also add a little lemon juice at the end, but I like ours without.

Melissa from Satifying Eats has a new cookbook, that is great! I love it!!  I highly recommend it. It is really a complete grain-free sugar-free cookbook, with everything you can think of. For this dish, I used the Bread-less Bread Crumbs from her book. There is a similar recipe on her blog, that I linked to, below (parsley omitted, although sounds like it would be tasty if you have them!).

I apologize for the picture- my camera seems to be needed a battery replaced, it didn't focus correctly and the scallops didn't last long enough for another picture!!  They are so tasty!

Half the recipe - a generous serving!

Gluten Free "Breaded" Bay Scallops

serves 2-3 as an appetizer

1/2 lb bay scallops
2 Tablespoons Kerrygold herbed butter or plain butter [grass-fed/non GMO like Kerrygold or Smjör]
splash white wine (optional but yummy. alcohol will likely cook off)
2- 3 Tablespoons Breadless Bread Crumbs from Satisfying Eats

Preheat the oven to 400˚F.  In a small baking dish or pie tin, spread around a few thinly sliced pats of butter. You can use a little more than 2 Tablespoons, if you like. Place dish in oven to melt butter.  Remove, and add a splash of white wine.  Put your scallops in a single layer on top, and stir to get the butter all over the scallops, but keep them in a single layer.  Sprinkle the "bread crumbs" lightly on top of the scallops.  Bake for 12 - 18 minutes until done - scallops will be opaque, and breadcrumbs golden.   Serve immediately.

Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe and any tweaks you made to it, and how it came out! Thanks!!

If you are on Facebook, join the discussions with us! I hope to post recipes more often, but have been very busy lately with singing, teaching, and most importantly... Mommy-ing!!

Comments

Popular Posts