How to have a Gluten-Free & Healthy Pampered Chef Show!

I've been to a few Pampered Chef shows at friend's houses where I can eat nothing.  I just smile and pretend all that food is not making me hungry! Ahh, darn you gluten!  Ever had the same experience?  Well, when I found out my friend Lisa was a PC Consultant and also a real food enthusiast, I decided to see if we could pull off a healthy Pampered Chef show!  And, we did!!  Not everything was low-carb but everything was gluten-free, microwave-free, and frankenfood-free! Now you can do it, too! I hope lots of people see this post and get more real food Pampered Chef parties going!

Pampered Chef does a lot of demos with quick microwave dinners.. it's very impressive if you are into that sort of thing.. but I personally believe you can pull dinner together in less than 20 minutes- or at least with less than 5-10 minutes prep and less than an hour cooking time.  You all know this, by my recipes!  So many people think that home cooked meals take too long.  Well, I am here to tell you they do not.  I do it three times a day while also singing opera gigs/going to auditions, singing church services, wedding and funerals weekly, running this blog and facebook page, teaching voice, and also a PT Stay at Home Mom (until 1:00 pm). I am seriously busy.  So, you can do it, too.

Lisa came over and made us some amazing things... I forgot to take pictures because I was having so much fun!!  Luckily, Lisa loaned me some of her pans to recreate some of the dishes we made!  So, now I have pics!  And, recipes.  :)  And, if you are reading this before June 1st, 2012, you can actually buy something from my show and have it delivered to your house!  (What a great way to support my blog! Gee, thanks!)   Just go to www.pamperedchef.biz/lisapking and the host is Rachel C (me!). Make sure youhave it shipped to you, not me!!  These are easy quick and yummy recipes:

Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos with the Grill Pan
Appetizer: Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos


10 Jalapenos, halved, with insides and seeds removed (the white pith & seeds are the spicy part)
1 block cream cheese, soft
green onions
garlic powder
salt & pepper
bacon

In a bowl mix softened cream cheese, chives, and seasoning. Spoon mixture into peppers and wrap with half slice bacon (or a whole if you are a bacon lover!)  and bake them at 425˚F for 20 minutes or until bacon is cooked!

We used the Grill Pan & Press and these super-cool tongs that close automatically when you put them down, and automatically open back up, when you pick them up.  What a great idea! Less mess on your counter, now they fit on your spoon rest! quote:  A one-handed gravity locking system locks and unlocks the tongs simply by changing position up or down.


Appetizer:  fresh pineapple sliced with super-cool Pineapple Wedger.




Main Course: Mediterranean Chicken
This originally called for using olive oil, but as heating olive oil creates free radicals and makes teh oil rancid, I suggest doing it this way instead: coconut oil in pan, olive oil for taste poured over dish after it is cooked.  We also used the grill pan, press, & tongs for this recipe.

1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
16 - 18 large Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
3 Tablespoons capers, rinsed
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
splash olive oil (optional)
4 (4-6 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
sea salt & freshly ground pepper


  1. Pre-heat oven to 475˚F
  2. Toss tomatoes, olives, capers, and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil in a bowl.
  3. Season chicken breasts on both sides with sea salt and pepper.
  4. Heat Pampered Chef Grill Pan (or other large, oven-proof skillet) over high heat.  Once hot, add 2 teaspoons coconut oil and sear chicken on both sides.
  5. Turn heat to medium-high and add remaining oil (should be hot but not smoking) and continue to cook until deep golden brown (about 4 minutes).
  6. Use tongs to flip chicken, then add tomato mixture to skillet.
  7. Transfer skillet to oven and place the Grill Press on top to roast chicken until cooked through and tomatoes have softened, about 15- 18 minutes.
  8. Transfer to plates and spoon tomato mixture over top. Optional: drizzle olive oil on top.  Serve.


These are two desserts I pre-made in her FABULOUS cookware.  This brownie pan makes individual brownies so everyone gets an edge! And, you could make all kinds of things in there: meatloaf, crustless quiche... if you have more ideas, post them!
Here's my coconut sugar brownies made in the pan, and the following picture is the re-make my husband insisted I do and he also insisted that I take pictures of him taking them off the plate, lol.  Yes, they are that good.  Some are with walnuts, and some without in the second photo.





This recipe was an old favorite I used for years which I eventually converted to spelt flour (when I thought it was just wheat I couldn't have) and then for this show, I converted them to almond flour.  I used coconut sugar, which has lower g.i.  The reason these are so good is because of the cocoa powder, high fat oil (butter or coconut) and granulated sugar. So, subs of honey, sugar alcohol, stevia, etc or different oils will make them not good.  Mmmkay?  It's coconut sugar & high fat or bust here, folks.  Original recipe from Epicurious.com.

TIP: Make SURE your almond flour is room temperature, or these will NOT come out.  Very sad when that happens.



Best Cocoa Brownies, now gluten-free

10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter or coconut oil (no subs!)
1 1/4 cups coconut sugar
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (natural or Dutch-process)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cold large eggs
1 cup almond flour, room temperature
2/3 cup walnut or pecan pieces (optional)

Special equipment: Pampered chef brownie pan

Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease all squares with coconut oil (not too much).
Combine the butter, coconut sugar, cocoa, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir from time to time until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and hot enough that you want to remove your finger fairly quickly after dipping it in to test. Remove the bowl from the skillet and set aside briefly until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
Stir in the vanilla with a wooden (or fabulous bamboo) spoon. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer, then beat vigorously for 40 strokes with the wooden spoon or a rubber spatula (really!). Stir in the nuts, if using. Spoon even amounts into each brownie indention in pan.
Bake until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, 12 to 18 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack. Use a silicone or bamboo spatula to pop them out.  Makes 12 edge brownies.


Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan







I also used this amazing silicone floral cupcake pan to make cupcakes. Um, beautiful.  Wish I had taken pics.  Instead, I made blueberry muffins later and took pics. (link).  I also used this to make gorgeous fat bombs.  I love this pan. I love it, I love it.  Not only is it beautiful, but it has a rigid outer circle so you don't have to put it on a baking sheet and your muffins don't fly all over the place when you take it out. here's me taking out my blueberry muffins by simply pushing from underneath. ------>
Here's a pic of 2 roses and a daisy (also makes sunflowers):







Thanks for reading this! Please comment, and if you want to buy something from my PC show, go here to www.pamperedchef.biz/lisapking and the host is Rachel C (me!).  Make sure you ship to you, not to me!  Some other favorite things I have bought from Pampered Chef include the awesome and inexpensive bamboo spoon set (and everything bamboo!) and the silicone basting brush- pure genius.

Comments

  1. I love your idea of using almond flour in place of regular flour in the brownies. I made these the other day using Williams Sonoma Cup4cup flour and the kids said they were fantastic. I also read another poster in the original recipe left out the flour and cooked them longer with great results. I may try that too.

    Nice idea on the healthy pampered chef party.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts