Yummy Low Carb Snack with Celery and Bleu Cheese

I love low-carb snacks made with celery... they are crunchy, salty, and satisfying.  We bought some Raw Bleu D'Auvergne Cheese the other day, and found it really stinky, strong, and delicious.... but a little too strong, so we've been whipping it into dishes all week in ways we can handle its strong flavor.  If you use a regular blue cheese when you make this, you might want to pump up the flavor by using more blue cheese and less cream cheese.  That will also lower the carbs.

This is a perfect side dish with a packed lunch. This is for 2 servings.  It is easily halved, doubled, tripled, etc.  For your calculations, 1 ounce creamy cheese = 2 Tablespoons creamy cheese.

Also I have to tell you that the bulk of the carbs in this recipe are from cream cheese, which I have found conflicting reports of carb info.. ranging from zero carbs to 2 carbs per ounce.  I used the 2 carbs per ounce calculation.


Celery with Blue Cheese Spread
makes 2 servings, 6.5 ECC per serving

2 Tablespoons/1 ounce strong blue cheese, we used a raw Bleu D'Auvergne
4 ounces organic cream cheese
2 Tablespoons coarsely ground walnuts
1- 2 teaspoons pastured organic milk
4 medium sized stalks of organic celery, cleaned and both ends trimmed.

Place cheese, walnuts, and 1 teaspoon of milk in a food processor or mini-chopper (use food processor if doubling or tripling recipe).  Combine until well mixed.  Add more milk if mixture is too thick to combine.  When well mixed, spread on celery sticks and serve.

Comments

  1. I found you from the foodie blog roll and I'd love to guide Foodista readers to your site. I hope you could add this celery widget at the end of this post so we could add you in our list of food bloggers who blogged about celery,Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts