GF Low Carb Peanut Butter Bread by 24/7 LCD

Mr Peanut Bread with pastured butter & eggs
OK, if you are missing all the fun on my Facebook page (join! http://www.facebook.com/Untilthethinladysings), 24/7 Low Carb Diner posted this amazing Peanut Butter Bread.  And I'm in love with it.  It's cheaper than the almond butter bread I was making, it's lower carb, it's easier to make, and it's tastier.  Yes, it has a mild peanutty flavor, but I prefer that to a mild almond butter flavor.  I would imagine you could try any kind of nut butter in this recipe... let me know if you try cashew.. or hazelnut! yum.

It will make a small half loaf.  Use a regular loaf pan like a 9 x 5.

http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2011/03/mr-peanut-sandwich-bread.html is the link.  I made it without the optional sweetener and with apple cider vinegar (printed below).  Alo I added my directions to make it fluffier.  Yummy!!  So far I've had it: toasted with eggs, toasted with cream cheese and poppy seeds, made into sandwiches, LC cinnamon toast... endless possibilities!!

UPDATE: Made it with almond butter and with tahini (sesame seed paste) and it was also very very good!

Mr. Peanut Sandwich Bread
1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
3 eggs
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt


Mix peanut butter with a mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one,  Add in remaining ingredients and mix. Pour into a greased 9 x 5 loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing.

Comments

  1. Wow my husband will love this and I'm trying to get away from using wheat and trying to use less carbs in our diet. How does it work without any flour? I'll give it a try....

    Love your blog by the way. I just discovered it today. I also try to recreate recipes to have less carbs, more nutrition, all natural. I am working on starting to lighten the gluten in my recipes. I added your site to my blogroll, keep up the good work! http://theurbanhomestaed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This works because of the chemical reaction between the vinegar and the baking soda produces gas that creates space within the dough, poufing it up with lots of little air bubbles. I've made this (thanks BTW for this recipe Thin Lady!) and the texture is halfway between normal bread and cake, but it tastes much more like bread. I made cinnamon toast for the first time in ages and it was soooooo good. Give it a try! It really works. :)

      Delete
  2. I have made this recipe only I used almond butter. It came out very nice and its delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so good! I'm wondering if it's possible to just double the recipe to make a thicker slice of bread? Has anyone tried this?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts