Gluten Free Healthy Zucchini Bread


What do you do with all those zucchinis you must be getting about now from your garden or CSA? I'm not a huge fan of zucchini... I shred it with a mandoline sometimes, then saute it and use it as a low carb pasta... but how much of that can you eat?? So, here's a zucchini bread. This recipe is just slightly adapted from Bruce Fife's book Cooking With Coconut Flour, which as always, I highly recommend.


Gluten-Free Healthy Zucchini Bread

3/4 cup loosely packed shredded zucchini
8 eggs
1/2 cup high quality coconut oil or butter, melted
1/4 cup Erythritol
1/4 cup (4 Tablespoons) Agave Nectar or honey (or 5 Tablespoons erythritol, or 1/8 tsp powdered stevia)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 + 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped

Separate 4 eggs into two medium sized bowls. Whip the egg whites, then refrigerate until ready for use. In the other bowl, blend together the 4 egg yolks, zucchini, oil/butter, erythritol, agave (or substitute), vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Then add the other 4 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine coconut flour and baking powder and sift into batter. Blend until there are no flour lumps. Fold in nuts. By hand, mix in 1/4 of the egg whites to lighten the batter. Then fold in the rest of the egg whites. Pour into a greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan (or similar size) and bake at 350 degrees F (175 C) for 60 minute or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack.

Serve sliced. Here's a ringing endorsement from my nephew, Tyler. He loved it!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I made it into muffins this morning and they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that this is GREAT with cream cheese in the morning!! I am about to make a few loaves and freeze them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts