Low Carb Creamed Swiss Chard


Wow, this recipe is so amazing, I had to print it although it's not really mine! My only real change is that it says to serve immediately, and I think it tastes better if you wait about 5 - 10 minutes before eating. I put the leftovers in the fridge and warmed them up in the morning with my eggs..... so unbelievable! It is my new favorite recipe, wish it was mine!!
This is another great use of too much swiss chard in the house... and I used my soured raw cream, which was amazing in this dish! So nutritious and low carb!

Creamed Swiss Chard
From Earthbound Farm Organics Recipes online
4 - 6 servings

2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons finely minced shallots or onions
1 pound Swiss chard, stems removed, leaves cut crosswise
into 1-inch ribbons
1/2 cup raw soured heavy cream or regular heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste


Heat the butter in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat and add the shallots. Cook, stirring frequently, until the shallots soften, 3 to 5 minutes.

Add the chard to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard wilts, 2 to 4 minutes.

Add the cream and raise the heat to medium-high; cook, stirring frequently, until the cream reduces and thickens. Stir in the parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wait a few minutes for tastes to meld before serving.

Comments

Popular Posts