Simple Lemon Cookies for Santa! Low-Carb & made with coconut flour.

I have been wanting to try some coconut flour cookies for a while.. and these turned out pretty good!  These Lemon Cookies are adapted from a recipe in Bruce Fife's Cooking with Coconut Flour, one of my favorite cookbooks.
I did like them much better after they cooled. This recipe is easy to half, as well, if you just want to make a few. I hope you enjoy these!  I am looking forward to getting more creative with some coconut flour cookie recipes in the future, but thought these simple little treats would be just right for your low-carb Santa!  I hope you all have a great holiday.

Low-Carb Gluten-Free Simple Coconut Flour Lemon Cookies
Makes about 2 dozen. Carbs: 0.9 (effective) each, 22.2 ECC whole batch.

4 eggs
1/2 cup erythritol
1/4 teaspoon of powdered Stevia, or 1/2 teaspoon of NuNaturals Brand
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup melted butter or coconut oil
3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
parchment paper

Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).  Combine erythritol, stevia powder, lemon extract, salt, and butter, and mix well.  Add eggs one at a time, and beat after each addition.  Stir in sifted coconut flour.  Let batter rest about 5 minutes to thicken it slightly.  Drop batter in spoon sized mounds 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Smash with fingers a bit to flatten each one.  Bake for 15 minutes.

Comments

  1. Wow these look and sound tasty! I can't wait to give them a try and start experimenting with coconut flour. They will definitely make a great healthier alternative to the usual sweet treats :) - Cathy Pieroz at Ray White Alexandra Hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting experiment on using coconut flour for making that delicious cookies, did you ever try experimenting coconut oil? This recipe will definitely benefit me because I love baking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I use coconut oil in almost every recipe! In fact, I forgot to add it to this one as a sub, thanks for reminding me...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts