Low Carb Vanilla Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spice Icing



I made these for the lovely Fall season... and they are yummy!  I am back to low carb erythritol and stevia mix (although I ran out of erythritol right before I made the icing so I just used stevia). This is an older vanilla cupcake recipe so I happen to have the carb counts on the cupcake itself, although I am sure you have seen that I don't do them anymore.  I'm just too busy, and this is only my hobby.  I hope you enjoy these!
The cupcakes have 3.15 ECC each. The only ingredient I worried about in the icing was the canned pumpkin but it only had 3 ECC's (effective carb counts) in the entire 1/4 cup. I personally don't count carbs, I look at the ingredients instead and only use good ingredients.

Vanilla Cupcake

6 TBLS butter, room temperature or High Quality Expeller Pressed Coconut Oil, semi melted or soft
6 eggs, separated
2 TBLS whole milk or half and half
½ cup erythritol or 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar or mix of two
½ teaspoon NuNaturals stevia or ¼ teaspoon of another brand
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
sifter
parchment paper or silicone muffin pan

Use a silicone muffin maker or line your muffin tin with cut out parchment paper pieces, oiled or buttered on both sides. You can use a pen to mark where it touches the sides of each indention then cut them out to make it fit perfectly (do one, then use it as a guide). Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C).
Whip egg whites in a clean and dry bowl until soft peaks form, set aside. In a separate bowl, whip butter or oil. Then add the egg yolks, milk, erythritol or coco sugar, stevia, salt, and vanilla and blend.
In a [gf] flour sifter, combine coconut flour and baking powder and sift into ingredients. Mix well to ensure no lumps. Beat in a 1/3rd of egg whites to soften the batter, then fold in rest.
Pour batter into a well greased muffin pan or well greased paper liners and bake at 400 degrees F (205 C) for 15 minutes. Cool.

Pumpkin Spice Icing

2/3 cup heavy cream
4 ounces organic cream cheese, soft
4 Tablespoons pureed organic pumpkin
3/4 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia or 3/4 cup sugar sub
1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice (make your own here)

Whip cream, then set aside.  In another bowl, whip cream cheese, stevia, and spice.  Add pumpkin, mix well.  Fold in whip cream, or mix lightly with a rubber spatula. Taste and adjust sweetness and spice.  Spread on cooled cupcakes.  Store these cupcakes in the fridge if they last the day.  But, EAT THEM at room temperature because all that coconut gets hard in the cold fridge.



Comments

Popular Posts