Peach Crumble

My brother gave me a whole lot of peaches from his peach tree, and I made them into this crumble. This is my basic crumble/cobbler recipe, of course, with with ginger added in (I started with this recipe and added to it). What a difference it makes to use ripe peaches in this. The frozen ones I often use may not be sliced at the peak of their ripeness, and have very little taste.  But this was delicious.  I hope you have a peach tree, as well!!
I don't say how much cinnamon and ginger to use.  Mainly because my ginger is clearly stronger than most bloggers' ginger (I buy it from Penzey's), as I have found through many failed ginger recipes... :)



Peach Crumble

A bowl full of peaches
1 Tablespoon honey, or to taste, optional (can sub coconut sugar or stevia and a little water)
1 1/2 cups almond flour
2 Tablespoons organic grass-fed butter or expeller pressed coconut oil, melted
1 farm or pastured egg- any size egg will work. I usually use a small one.
1/2 cup chopped nuts, I used pecans
1/3 cup coconut sugar, or sub 1/3 cup sugar sub  (maybe 1/2 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia)
1/3 cup gluten free oatsoptional- You can sub more nuts
1/2 teaspoon gluten free vanilla extract
cinnamon and ginger, to taste
1/4 teaspoon sea salt


Peel and slice peaches, then pour them into a baking dish. Drizzle with honey (or stevia), ginger and cinnamon  (more cinnamon than ginger) to taste, and stir together.  If your honey is more solid than liquid, you can melt it in a small saucepan.
In a medium sized bowl, mix almond flour, melted butter or coconut oil, egg, nuts, coconut sugar, oats, sea salt, and vanilla. Add cinnamon & ginger to taste.  Mix well, then use your hands to combine it all together in a dough. Now, if using a small deep dish, you can cover it with the dough as if it were a big cookie.  If it is a wider dish, crumble the topping with your fingers over the berries so it will stretch.  It is okay if there is a little space between crumbles. Bake in pre-heated 350˚F oven for about 35 minutes or until peaches are bubbly and soft and topping is browned on edges.  

Comments

Popular Posts