Quick Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Blueberry Pie


Hi Everyone!  I'm finally posting again.. thanks for hanging in there with me!  My Mom picked tons of beautiful blueberries when she was visiting her sister in NC and I have been cooking with them!  This is a quick recipe.. in retrospect, I should not have used such a big tart pan (10").  So, my picture is of this recipe stretched to a 10" pie pan, but I have written the recipe for an 8" pie pan.  This could also be made in a square, for Blueberry Bars.  This is my shortbread crust with a twist.
This can be made gluten and casein free by using coconut oil instead of butter.
According to this site, fresh blueberries have 16 effective carbs (ECC), and frozen has 14.  I did these Effective Carb Counts for fresh blueberries.



PRINTABLE RECIPE

Quick Gluten-Free Sugar-Free Blueberry Pie
serves 8, carbs per servingwith fresh blueberries = 8.8 ECC

shortbread crust:

1 1/2 cups almond flour, I used Honeyville
1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia powder (or 1/8 teaspoon Sweetleaf or other brand)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
6 Tablespoons organic butter, melted (or expeller-pressed coconut oil)
1/16 scant teaspoon cinnamon


Edges of crust slightly browned
Preheat oven to 350˚F. Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl with a fork.  Press into a 8" pan and bake 10 - 15 minutes until the edges are slightly brown. (Like this pic--->).While baking, you can make the filling.

filling:

3 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia or 1/8 teaspoon Sweetleaf or other brand
1/4 cup Erythritol
4 Tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil
2 Tablespoons Arrowroot Starch
1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour

Mix well cinnamon, stevia, erythritol, butter, arrowroot, and coconut flour together.  Add blueberries.  If your blueberries are frozen or your mixture clumps, put in a saucepan over low heat and mix gently until it is liquid (except the blueberries) and mixed well.  Pour into pie crust and return to oven for 10- 20 minutes or until set.
Serve warm with or without low carb ice cream.

Comments

  1. This looks amazing! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful pie. The crust looks perfect! When my bag of almond flour comes I've got to try it (or I might just use sunflower seeds). Have some berries to use it, and this looks like the perfect way to use 'em. Thanks for sharing, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I live in Prairieville, and was wondering if you sell
    your stuff locally. My bf has Celiacs, and I love your
    no chemical sweetener recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen- sorry I don't have time to do that, though I have thought about it many times!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen- check out https://www.facebook.com/hunterskitchen.gfsf - she sells locally and it is delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts