Whole Food Kids: Orange Creamsicles

It's been very busy over here... but here's a quick summer treat for your whole food eating child or grandchild.  Very easy!  Of course, I don't eat much fruit, but I do give it to my toddler.  No juice, though!  I feel like juice is a highway to diabetes, so I used the whole fruit in this recipe.  He eats grain-free and sugar-free like I do, so this is the first time he's had any kind of popsicle. He loved it!
My toddler has not wanted to eat anything lately... won't touch yogurt or an orange for sure! But this... he loved!!  He kept saying, "Mmmmm!"

Other flavors: replace orange with peaches (frozen or fresh) and replace vanilla extract with almond extract... yummy!!!


Whole Food Orange Creamsicles for Kids
Makes 4-5 small creamsicles

If making 4; 38 calories each, 6g total carbs, 5g effective carb count.

1 organic orange, peel and seeds removed (try not to lose too much juice)
1/4 cup organic whole milk yogurt (does not need to be exact)
liquid vanilla stevia to taste
vanilla extract if not using much stevia
push-pops or ice pop molds
high power blender

Blend orange in blender until completely liquified.  Add yogurt and a few drops of vanilla stevia and taste.  Add rest of ingredients and more stevia, if needed, to taste.  Pour small amounts in each mold and freeze for 2 hours.  Serve on a hot day!!

Comments

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts