Stevia Sweetened Lemonade

Well, it's sort-of Spring.  Here in NY, it feels like Spring every other day.  To hasten the feeling, I made this Stevia sweetened lemonade. I finally bought some NuNaturals brand Stevia Powder... I seem to have some notes that when I made this before with Sweetleaf brand, I used half as much.  That doesn't seem right, it really should be the same.  So, if you are using that brand, or another brand- start with half as much and work your way up.  Then, please post for the rest of us!!
This lemonade is actually good for you!!!  Organic lemons and Stevia- which is good for your teeth and digestive tract!  So, enjoy!!  4.6 net carbs for each 8 oz.

**New: variations below

Stevia Sweetened Lemonade
4.6 carbs per 8 oz.
 
3/4 cup freshly squeezed organic lemon juice (about 3-4 lemons)
2 1/2 cups of filtered water
1 teaspoon NuNaturals powdered Stevia  or 1/2 teaspoon Sweetleaf powdered Stevia
 
Mix lemon juice and stevia until blended, then add water. Serve!  Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.
**IMPORTANT: stir the Stevia as soon as you put it in the lemon juice, so it doesn't clump. 

VARIATION: Raspberry Lemonade 
6.4 ECC per 8 ounces  

3/4 cup lemon juice with one lime mixed in (squeeze lime first)
1/4 cup pureed raspberries
1/2 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia (1/4 Sweetleaf)
2 cups filtered water


Stir lemon/lime juice, raspberry puree, and stevia until well blended, then add water. Serve!  Store in a glass bottle in the refrigerator.  I use used Perrier bottles so I don't have to scrub out every lemon pulp to re-use - I just recycle them!!  :)


 adapted from:

Comments

  1. I like using the SweetLeaf brand of stevia! I haven't tried NuNaturals, but I know that there are people really like it, but i understand SweetLeaf is purer. Anywho, I'm kind of rambling...thanks for the recipe...who doesn't love lemonade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it more natural? That is definitely something to consider. I like SweetLeaf too- when I used it for this recipe, I used half as much... let me know if you try it!
    My husband loves this Lemonade and complains that this recipe doesn't make enough... now I need about 9 lemons!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts