Tropical Traditions Virgin Coconut Oil




As you all know, I am a huge fan of Virgin Coconut Oil. It is the only source besides human breast milk of such a high concentration of medium chain fatty acids (MCFA). What does that mean? MCFA's are processed directly in the liver and converted to energy. Of course, most of you who read this blog know all about the benefits of saturated fat, as I've bombarded you with book recommendations and links. All the bad rap you have heard about tropical oils actually is all about partially hydrogenated oils.. which of course we should avoid like the plague. Studies say that consuming VCO can increase your metabolism and is very helpful for hypothyroidism. It is, of course, free of trans fats, and a fantastic oil to cook with as well.

Well, the important rule when buying Virgin Coconut Oil is that it is made very naturally. The only brand I use is Tropical Traditions Gold Label. It's very naturally made, using old fashioned methods. It is raw, and it is pure white, creamy, and tastes delicious. There are many coconut oils on the market that just take dessicated coconut and make an oil from it and you can tell which ones these are because the oil will be slightly off white, or even yellow. To make sure you are getting the best benefits from the healthiest coconut oil, you should really research the brand. Tropical Traditions sells coconut oil made by many different healthy methods. I also buy their expeller-pressed coconut oil for frying because it is naturally expeller pressed.

Since coconut is anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial (go here for more), I also use it for all other kinds of things- I put it in my netti pot saline solution when I'm sick, I use it on my skin religiously... I eat it when I am worried I am getting a little sick... this is no end to good uses of a good quality coconut oil.

Lucky for me, Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample for reviewing their product, although I was going to mention it anyway.. it really is good stuff. If you don't know about Virgin Coconut Oil, or you still have reservations, please do some Google searches and inform yourself. Or read one of Bruce Fife's books which are impartial (he doesn't own stock in any coconut oil companies) and incredible. It's amazing what he talks about in this book, and it really talks about the dangers of poly-unsaturated oils. I never use any poly-unsaturated oils. After reading this book, I use only EV olive oil, virgin or high quality expeller pressed (Tropical Traditions is the only company I trust for that) coconut oil, organic lard or butter in my cooking (TT's Palm Oil is good too).

And, oh look, they provided me with a little deal for you. If you place a first time order with them and use the referral instructions HERE, you can receive a free book about how Virgin Coconut Oil has changed people's lives.

OK this is totally sounding like a commercial! Seriously, I am telling you the truth, I love this oil. And I am more than happy to make more people aware of this oil and to get a free sample (because it is a little expensive!). So go here for the nuts and bolts of the referral. And THROW AWAY YOUR CANOLA OIL! xo

Disclaimer: Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review in return for the free product.


PS TT's blog is announcing.. they are selling a pint of this Gold Label VCO for only $1, if you order before Sunday night, 12/20. That's a really great deal!! http://bit.ly/2ooqIO

UPDATE**: This is old but you can order a quart and help my website by going to THIS referral link!


Comments

  1. Maria here...I just got Nutiva's organic extra virgin it as a gift.. I LOVE it!!! I'll have to try TT's next :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts