Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cheesecake




This was one of my very first posts!  I am reposting it with stevia replacements.  I have made this for a Christmas Party, yum!


UPDATED: Stevia replaces xylitol. :)




LC/GF Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

Crust:
¼ c cocoa powder
½ tsp stevia powder, or 1/4 tsp NuNaturals stevia powder
2/3 c. ground nuts (almonds)
¾ c. almond flour (does not need to be blanched)
¼ c. butter, slightly softened and cut into small pieces

Put all ingredients in food processor and process on low until well mixed and making a ball. Press into bottom of springform pan, or a deep pie pan. This is messy. You will probably have to use your hands. But make sure it’s not too thick. In this picture I used a (too shallow) tart pan... if you use a tart pan, come up the sides, but you will just want a bottom crust (no sides) in a springform pan.
You want your crust to be thin, so take some out if you have to. Poke a few small holes with a toothpick or fork around the bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes, and cool on wire rack.

Filling:
1 tsp coconut or nut flour
1 ½ (3.5 ounce bars) of 85% chocolate (Lindt is low carb)
24 oz cream cheese
1 c. heavy cream
4 eggs
1 teaspoon NuNaturals stevia powder
2 tsps vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Chop the chocolate bars with a sharp knife to make chips; first vertically, then horizontally (see below pics). Careful not to touch the chocolate or it will melt on your hands. Then mix with the 1 tsp of flour to coat and put aside. With a mixer, blend cream cheese, stevia, eggs, cream, and vanilla until thoroughly blended. Stir in half of chocolate chips. Pour into cooled crusted pan. Top with second half of chips. Bake for one hour. Then turn off oven and bake another hour with the door closed. Cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate covered for 2 hours.

About 5.2 net carbs a slice

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness Rachel, does that ever look good! You've had a great start with this blog so far. Such fantastic looking "sweets"! :) I bet that chocolate nut crust is scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many slices are you assuming (you say it's 5.2 carbs a slice) it makes? Looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont have almond flour, never even seen it around here, do you suppose the crust will work the same with whole wheat pastry flour? I dont care about gluten, I just choose sugar free.
    Not so sure about that much xylitol, I recall when some of the first candies came out with those sugar alcohols that they well, had the taco bell "run for the border" effect, to say it politely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, I calculated the amount of xylitol per person etc.. it takes a certain amount to have that effect. If you stick to 1-2 servings, you'll be fine. Whole wheat pastry flour will have a lot of carbs and I don't think it will work but you could either look up another whole wheat crust recipe to sub or grind some almonds yourself in the food processor. Just be sure not to over grind and make butter. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts