Almond Crusted Salmon Fillets


This recipe has low carbs, and is very yummy. I used dry roasted almonds for my dinner tonight.. but you could use any kind of almonds. I also used frozen parsley- gathered from my organic garden last year. It's all about making it simple... I like this recipe because it takes almost no time at all. I baked the fish and also some broccolini as well to go along with it at the same time.
Just a note...I do use organic ingredients, and wild caught fish as well.

Almond Crusted Salmon

2 TBLS (tablespoons) Dijon-style mustard
1 TBLS butter or EV Olive Oil
2 teaspoons agave or honey
½ cup finely chopped almonds
2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
4 (4 ounce) wild caught salmon fillets
salt and pepper to taste

Combine nuts and parsley and set aside. Mix mustard, melted butter (or oil), and honey in a small bowl and set aside. Season each salmon filet with salt and pepper. Place fillets on an oiled baking dish. Brush each fillet with mustard mixture. Sprinkle top of each fillet with nut mixture and press lightly into fillet. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes per inch of thickness or until fish flakes easily with fork.
4 servings, 5.4 carbs per serving, 4.9 net carbs per serving (I don't know how to figure out the effective carbs of the agave).

A note on the pictured broccolini, which is my husband Eric's recipe- I just put it in a small bread pan in the oven with butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder (oh the horrors! It's one of those nights- of course real garlic is better!) and baked it at the same time. I shook it often to distribute the oil. Then at the end, I put it under the broiler for a minute or two to crisp it.

Comments

  1. Looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful recipe. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy!!!! This is an awesome website.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts