Cheddar Crackers and Thanksgiving Turkey Leftovers





We had a very low key Thanksgiving. We ordered a smoked turkey and some smoked kielbasa and picked up some creamed spinach for my hubby. I wanted to make my own recipe of spinach madeline, but the grocery store was actually out of frozen spinach. So, I happily bought him some.
And, I made this 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Fudge for my 5 year old. Actually, he helped! The only sweetener is in the chocolate.

For some reason, I really never enjoy turkey as much as I enjoy it leftover, on a cracker, with mayo after Thanksgiving. So this year, we made these awesome cheddar cheese crackers for leftovers and they were amazing with sour cream mixed with hot sauce (try garlic if you don't like hot sauce) and leftover turkey.

I don't eat mayonnaise because of the rancid poly-unsaturated man-made oils in them. No way. And please don't tell me you make it with "light olive oil.". I hate to tell you there is no such thing as light olive oil, it's cut with canola oil and sold as 100% olive. It happens all the time, google it. Most olive oils are not pure, even though they are sold that way. And, I have not had much fun with trying to make paleo mayos. But full fat sour cream? Bring it on. Mmmmm.

I make these all the time, and I highly recommend you use mild cheddar for it. I have the deli slice it for me. Watch these in oven, if your cheese is thinner than mine, they may cook faster. You can make these big or small. For small, I use kitchen scissors to cut the slices in fourths. My 5 year old loves these crackers.


Low Carb Cheddar Crackers


thinly sliced mild cheddar cheese
parchment paper

Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Either cut the cheese in fourths with kitchen scissors or make big crackers (I like them big for turkey leftovers!). Cover baking pan with parchment paper, then lay cheese with a little space between each one. Bake for 15 minutes. More for thicker, less for thinner. It will get darker in color and have lots of holes when it's ready. Cool on pan, then lift up. Keep in sealed bag or glass tupperware on counter. I'm not sure how long it lasts this way because it always gets eaten up so fast here! But maybe 3 days.


Turkey Leftover Crackers


one big cracker
full fat sour cream mixed with either garlic or hot sauce
leftover turkey

Assemble open faced crackers and enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts