Grain-free Meatballs and my Zero Carb Diet



Ok, so I guess I will come clean. I have gone to a Zero Carb lifestyle. That's a diet that includes animal products only, no plants (the name is a weird one, there are carbs in animal products).  I eat mostly beef, bacon, eggs, dairy. I also eat pork, lamb, duck, chicken, fish of all kinds, etc.  I do drink coffee with raw cream and now that my weight is stable, I drink wine.  I have lost 55 pounds, from a size 14-16 to a size 6. Yes, I will stay on this diet forever.  It is the most freeing, easy diet ever, almost completely free of cravings (I have an occasional craving), and I have never felt healthier in my life. You can read all about the details here (then, peruse this amazing site if you wish! LOTS of info there): Zero Carb Zen Website Interview Link.

So, I don't eat sweet things anymore. I will still post some little-sweet recipes that you can add stevia or your favorite sub to, though.  I have some to upload actually, just very little time around here lately.

Here are my favorite Zero Carb Meatballs (No Plant Meatballs), I hope you enjoy them.  I am LOVING THEM! Next time I make them, I may add a cream sauce. If it comes out, I will post it.

ZERO CARB is a strange name for a NO PLANT diet.  I do eat carbs in the form of cream, eggs, and raw milk.

Zero Carb No Plant Meatballs

1 lb ground pork
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup ground up pork rinds - I prefer the drier ones but any will work (check the ingredients for MSG!)
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
onion and garlic powder, to taste (optional, I did just a little)
chili pepper flakes or sichuan pepper flakes (I use the latter because of a nightshade allergy)
(any other seasons you like but I did it just as described above)

Mix all ingredients well.  I used my hands to smash them all together in a bowl. When totally mixed, roll into small 1"-2" balls and place on a baking pan.  Cook at 375˚F until browned and cooked through. The time will depend on the size of your meatballs so try to keep them uniformed.


Comments

Popular Posts