Stevia Sweetened No Bake Cheesecake

NY Style cheesecake, 3.5 Effective Carb Count per slice
I had a craving for a plain NY style cheesecake so I made this up... and surprise, it worked on the first try!  I was afraid to bake it since there is no substance to the sugar sub, since I only used stevia.  But I didn't want to use gelatin, I am not a fan of gelatin no-bake cheesecakes.  Anyway, this came out perfectly, and I love it. You can certainly jazz it up- top with blueberries (as I did a few times) or other low-carb fruit. Of course, I baked the crust- but you know what I mean, it's a no-bake filling.

You don't have to use the expensive almond flour for this- you could grind your own, or use Bob's Red Mill, or even unblanched almonds.  But I have to say, I used Honeywell's and it is the most beautiful crust ever. I almost wish I had made it twice as thick, it is so perfect.

If you use a different brand of Stevia powder extract than NuNaturals, I recommend you start with less and work up to taste.  The only other brand I even suggest you try though, is Sweetleaf.  Most other brands are too bitter and have too awful of an aftertaste.  I tasted this at the end and wanted a little rounder flavor so I added just one teaspoon of agave nectar.  This is optional- but it gave a more round sweetness and was perfect.

Stevia Sweetened No Bake Cheesecake, gfree & low carb of course
Serves 12
Carbs: 54.7g ECC for whole cake (with honey).  About 4.6g ECC per serving for 12 servings

crust
1 cup almond meal or flour
1/8 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia powder
1/16 scant teaspoon cinnamon
2 - 3 Tablespoons of melted organic butter

Preheat the oven to 350˚F.  Combine the almond flour, stevia, and cinnamon well.  Pour the melted butter in a little at a time (you may not use all of it) until it becomes a dough like consistency (like cookie batter).  Be careful not to make it too wet.  Press into the bottom of a springform or tart pan making a crust for only the bottom, not the sides.  Bake for 5 minutes, then remove and prick the crust all over with a fork.  Return to oven and bake about 10 minutes more until the crust is light brown.  Cool completely before filling.


filling
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon NuNaturals Stevia Powder
1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional) or honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup heavy cream

Whip cream cheese, stevia, vanilla, and sour cream.  In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with clean mixer beaters until stiff peaks are formed (directions if you don't know what this means). Now, with a rubber spatula (or wooden spoon), fold the two together.  You will need to also beat it just a little- a few seconds on your lowest speed- to mix thoroughly.  Now, taste your mixture to see if you need to add anything. This is where I added the agave.  You will need to mix it well but again- quickly- you don't want to destroy the fluffiness of the whipped cream.  Pour into cooled pan over the crust.  Use a rubber spatula to even it out all over and make sure you get the filling all the way to the sides.  Chill for several hours until a bit firmer, at least 2.
Serve alone or with berries or 85% chocolate on top!

Comments

  1. OK I hear this is not sweet enough for most folks.. so definitely adjust!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, not sweet enough? I think it looks perfect! I always tell people if it isn't sweet enough to drizzle with maple or honey to taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it was my non-low carb friends who tried it- definitely a difference in sweet tooth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I subbed Greek Yogurt for the Sour Cream. We haven't served it yet, but what I licked from the bowl & beaters was delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try replacing the sour cream with Cabot ten percent milkfat Greek yogurt. Oh. My. It's even thicker and creamier. My teenage kids and their friends, who eat grains and sugar, beg me to make this cheesecake. I made two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am currently making my third cheesecake using the greek yogurt substitute. It turns out delicious, though I suspect that the brand of almond FLOUR (not meal) is most important to avoid the overly-brittle crust. I've already bought my bag so I am out of luck for now.

      Delete
  6. I too am a HUGE fan of NuNaturals stevia! Have been for several years now... and refer this brand to others pretty much daily! However, I use the Pure, Clear Liquid for making my daily lemon waters. Comes with and without alcohol in a 2 oz glass bottle. Just tried their Vanilla liquid stevia for the same purpose this week and am VERY happy! For baking I've been using their "high fiber" stevia powder though... not successfully as I'd like, I might add. I am learning that added fiber means you need more liquid or binding agents like 3 times the eggs, etc. Any thoughts? Should I just go ahead and order this regular stevia powder from NuNaturals??? BTW, I am a newbie to this site and feeling so thankful to have found it. KUDOS singing Thin Lady, lol! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts