Lemon Pecan Muffins- gluten-free & low-carb of course!

Well, I've had a hard time getting lemon extract lately but I found that you can substitute twice as much lemon zest for it.. and I had all these lemons left over from my Stevia Lemonade, so I made these yummy muffins.  I used a light colored muffin tin and buttered it well, and to my surprise, they came out easily after I ran a butter knife around each one and turned the tin upside down!  You can eat these plain, with cream cheese, or butter!

I love to make an easy, fast, low carb breakfast ahead of time.  Then I know my Hubby eats something, even if he's running late.  These have 2 net carbs per muffin.

  
Lemon Pecan Muffins- gluten-free & low-carb of course!
makes 6, 2 net carbs each

3 eggs, separated
3 Tablespoons melted organic butter or high quality coconut oil
1/4 teaspoon stevia powder
2 Tablespoons Erythritol
1 teaspoon fresh organic lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup pecan pieces
flour sifter
muffin tin

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin tins well with either coconut oil or butter and set aside.
Separate eggs. Whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form and put aside.
In another bowl, mix together egg yolks, melted butter, stevia, erythritol, salt, vanilla and lemon zest. Combine coconut flour and baking soda in the sifter and sift into batter, mixing well. Stir in pecans. Fold egg whites into batter (directions here). Immediately spoon batter into muffin tin, filling to the top. They won't rise much.  Bake for 13 - 16 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts