Gluten Free Easy Pork Chops


These pork chops are easy to make. I get beautiful pastured organic pork chops from a local farm. They are unbelievably delicious and good for you. This is a very easy recipe which is a staple in our house. Make sure your vegetables are already close to being done when you start these, as they are very quick to make.
I found some hazelnut flour at the store on sale yesterday so I used that- but really, you can use any GF flour - but I do recommend nut flours, since they are higher in protein and lower in carbs. This hazelnut flour was a perfect match with the marbled fat in these pork chops. You can always add to this recipe some finely chopped parsley to the flour mixture, but I usually just make it like this:

Gluten Free Easy Pork Chops


Pork Chops, organic, pasture-fed
Maille Wholegrain Mustard
Hazelnut Flour (or other nut or GF flour)
salt & pepper
oil for cooking, I use coconut or organic pastured lard
a cast iron pan, or other plastic-free pan that can go in oven
a wide shallow bowl

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour a bit of flour in the bowl- enough to cover both sides of however many pork chops you are cooking. Rinse the pork chops in cold water. Spread a layer of mustard on each pork chop, all around. Sprinkle salt and pepper as desired. Dredge the pork chops in flour to coat both sides, and place lightly on a plate.
Melt oil/lard in pan over low heat. Bring up the heat to medium high and place pork chops in pan, browning each side. Take pan off heat and bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes, checking after 15 to make sure pork chops are cooked through but not dry. It is okay (and tastier) to cook pork medium, if you wish. Remember that they will keep cooking a little after you remove them from the oven so be careful to take them out a little early.


Bookmark and Share

Comments

  1. I just found your website thanks to DJ Foodie and I can't wait to get some pork chops and try this! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks burnt though. Maybe it's just the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I browned the outside. It's not burnt on the inside. you could brown it less, but it's very tasty this way.

      Delete
  3. Looks Delish! I love them browned just like in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks Delish!! I miss my fried pork chops! Love how brown they got!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!

Popular Posts