Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cucumber Salsa


Mmmmmm cucumber salsa! We made this with fresh organic produce, and served it over Scarlet Snapper filets with avocado on the side... it was delicious! So refreshing for a summer day. This makes quite a LOT of salsa, so you can half it if you like. But it's also good with chips...






Cucumber Salsa

1/2 medium sized onion, diced
2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
1/2 medium sized bell pepper, chopped
1 - 2 small jalapeno pepper(s), chopped (and seeded, if desired)
2 limes, juiced
2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh or dried dill
salt & pepper

Place chopped tomatoes and cucumbers in a strainer while chopping the other veggies to drain excess juice. Mix all ingredients and marinate in the refrigerator for an hour or so.

I poured the excess tomato/cucumber juice over my fish fillets, sprinkled some s&p and baked it at 350 degrees until it was fork flakey (new word!). It was amazing.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please let me know how you changed a recipe, and how it came out. I don't do nutritional information anymore, sorry! I just provide the *free* recipes. I try to reply to comments but don't have much time these days. I hope to revamp this site eventually.... but for now I am still a working Mom and this is my hobby.
*If you would like to post the carb counts by using an online carb calculator, please go ahead* I don't provide them anymore, it's a miracle if I even get a post up these days! Thanks!